Thursday, July 15

Back to Normal

One of the reasons I wanted to start a blog this year was to be able to look back and see all the emotions and physical pains that came along the way as we added mileage.  For me, the first couple weeks of this were a bit of a struggle.  Maybe that's because of our intense "pre-training" prep work, or maybe it's because it's been about 95 degrees and humid many of our runs.  Either way, I'm extremely proud that I finished an 11 mile run on Sunday, running at 7 am so that I could be on time for Kelly's bridal shower (and the mimosas bowl) at 11 a.m.  I will say, I was sleeping like a baby by about 9:30 that night!

This week has probably been the best week yet for me.  Tuesday, I had another post work event (bowling - woo hoo high score of 108!) Because of that, we got up early and ran.  I was a bit tired at first after hosting dinner for Kelly's last night and my father's first visit to our new digs in Southie! That said, 3 miles is cake to us these days, so we zoomed in and out in the thick humidity.  In fact, Max felt so good that he went to the gym to lift weights that night while I bowled, and we both commented that 3 miles felt like we had done nothing!

To sum up last night's run in a word: therapeutic.  The weather was cool after raining off and on, and my legs felt fresh.  I was a bit stressed after a long day on Tuesday and a crazy weekend.  We took off running at a decent clip, and by the end, I was striding to the finish - 6 miles later! Needless to say, my confidence in my running ability has been restored, and my entire focus now is finding a nicely shaded run for our 12 miler this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment