Friday, July 2

A Mish-Mash of Runs

I tend to be a bit long-winded in my writing, so I've decided that today I will just write one comment about each of our three mid-week runs.

Tuesday - I have to say that the bootcamp class on the beach was the most entertaining part of our run for me.  There was a 6 foot tall woman with a whistle around her neck and scowl on her face screaming at a group fo unsuspecting 20 something females who heard this class would give them a "bikini body" in 6 weeks.  The class was almost over when we ran past, and the majority of the girls looked so tired that I'm left wondering how they made it up the three steps to the parking lot when they were finally relased from their captor.

Wednesday - For me, what I enjoyed the most was seeing Max in his element.  This was a mid-length run, and he seemed so comfortable.  The last mile, he was jumping up and down from the two foot wall separating the beach from the boardwalk as we ran along.  I could tell that he wasn't just doing this for me - he was genuinely enjoying running!

Thursday - I was finally feeling good.  We ran hills, and I felt like a little kid taking stairs two at a time and running around the monument in Thomas Park like it was some sort of game. 

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment